Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Under 6 Match Report 10th July

On yet another beautiful Saturday morning our Under 6’s prepared for a rematch with Margate Gold. I apologise for the disorganised start because I was referring the under 11’s right up to 11-00AM.

The last time we played this team, the game was fairly close (we won 2-1). Woodbridge had Amber, Caleb, Derek Noah Rory Ruby and Serafina. The play was tenacious and it obvious that Margate was out to redress the result from last time. Noah was able to slot one goal in but Margate managed three for the half. Margate had been planting a player in our goal. I was tempted to ask their coach at Half time to stop that as it is against the spirit of play (as is planting a player in your own goal), however it may have looked like sour grapes considering the score.

The play in the first half gave no indication of what would transpire in the second half. Amber and Ruby both got right into the play and it was definitely the best game I have seen from both of them. Serafina was her usual reliable self in defence and attack. Caleb and Derek both defended well and both were very close to scoring goals. Rory tried hard in defence but couldn’t stop another three goals from Margate. Noah put in another two goals to bring the score 6-3. I don’t think the score line reflected how well we played and I am really pleased in the improvement.

I will not be available on Saturday because I am finishing my referee course. I would therefore appreciate a volunteer to manage the team at Huonville. Obviously there will not be any field preparation required and I assume their coach will referee both halves if asked to.

John the coach

No comments:

Post a Comment